Services Available for Faculty and TAs
Dept. of Economics - Undergraduate Office
7238 Social Science
- Class Rosters are available to faculty and TAs through the My UW-Madison portal. Instructions for accessing class rosters through My UW are available online at http://registrar.wisc.edu/class_rosters.htm
Room Reservations, Changes
- I handle room reservations for exams, reviews and extra sessions. Please make reservations with me several days in advance of the day needed as there is normally a 24 hour delay in room assignment. I will email the room assignment information to you.
- Room changes - Prior to the start of the semester I work to make sure all the classrooms are as close to Social Science as possible. See me for all-semester room changes if your current classroom is unsuitable. When a room change is made, the class generally meets in the old room one more time for you to announce the change and give the students a chance to find the new classroom once you have been assigned a new space. Room changes can be made before the beginning of the semester.
- The current timetable is available on-line. I can print a copy of the department's courses, or if you need a copy of a particular lecture and sections (particularly useful for the larger lectures), I will print out a copy for you.
Other Useful Links
- Current Timetable
- Information for Faculty & Staff - Registrar's Office
- Academic Calendars
- Course Change Form
- Class e-mail list (how to obtain a list)
- Search for student email address
- Student Classifications
- Student Enrollment Reports
- Syllabi - Copies of past course syllabi are available in 7238 Social Science. I will contact you for a copy of your current syllabus at the beginning of each semester.
- Grade change forms are available in 7238 Social Science.
- Grades and grading policy
- Audit, Pass/Fail, Incompletes, etc.
- The Incomplete: What it is & How it can affect your records
- Academic misconduct guidelines
- Reserves Information - College Library
- Testing and Evaluation Services -- (machine-graded exams)
- Classrooms with Instructional Technology
- Grade Distribution Reports
- McBurney Disability Resource Center (information on services available for students with disabilities)
- The Writing Center
- L&S Learning Support Services
- How long should I keep grade books? - The Archives and Records Management Manual recommends the following minimum retention times for faculty: Grade Books (Faculty records of grades given in whatever form maintained): 5 years
- Desk copies for TAs in 101 and 102 will be given to the faculty for each course and they will distribute the copies. Other TAs should see me if they do not have a text. (Required texts only).
- I maintain a list in 7238 Social Science of graduate students who will tutor on a paid basis for economics classes. This is available on our website: www.ssc.wisc.edu/econ/undergrad/bulletin/tutorlst.html
- Information is also available about the free tutoring services provided by the Economics Student Association (for Econ 101 and 102) and by the Business School Learning Center (Econ 101 and 102).
- Note to graduate students - If you wish to have your name added to the list of tutors, please email me at email@example.com with your information.
And Still More Information
- Information on the requirements for the economics major is available in 7238 Social Science. You may refer students who are interested in more information about the major to this office. Allen Reigel, undergraduate advisor, has his office hours posted each week when students may drop by to see him with their questions.
- How to Publish a Web Page on the SSCC Web Server Using Windows or Linux
- Web page - The Undergraduate Economics Office Web Page is located at http://www.ssc.wisc.edu/econ/undergrad/
- This page has links to the current University Timetable, tutor lists, major requirements, office hours, phone numbers, email addresses and lots of other information.